cropped-SSFC-LOGO-Distressed.jpgSouth Sound FC Men opened the weekend with a 3-0 win against Wenatchee FC on Saturday. Luke Broz started out the day with a goal in the 12. Sam Zisette took a shot on a breakaway which was saved by the Wenatchee keeper. The keeper deflected the ball to the feet of Luke Broz who was more than happy to finish it off.  South Sound’s second goal came in the 29’ off a cross from Sam Zisette to Pierre Vargas, who buried the shot into the upper corner of the net. South Sound GK Evan Munn decided to be part of the scoring when he sent a free kick into the box which JJ Schmeck finished with a nice half volley at 42’. Those would be the only WFC-Logo_Header2goals of the match with no luck from either team in the second half. GK Evan Munn finished the match with seven saves and his first shutout of the season.

On Sunday, South Sound took on both the men and women’s squads from Spokane Shadow. The women started out the day with a 2-1 win against the first place Spokane Shadow Women’s side. South Sound women would open the scoring after a penalty kick was awarded at 20’. Hanna Massee took her shot and capitalized on the opportunity. Spokane Shadow women leveled the match 1-1 in the 29’ with a goal from Sara Cox. The South Sound women didn’t let that stand for long as Anna Gentile dug a ball out from two Shadow defenders and sent it to Jamie Hoffman who scored the women’s second and winning goal of the match. With the win South Sound Women move up to second place in the standings.

ShadowSouth Sound Men were up next to take on Spokane Shadow. Shadow scored first on a cross from Chris Chertude to Drew Williams at 22’. Before the half a shot from 65 yards from Cody Crook found the back of the net, the match was level 1-1. JJ Schmeck scored South Sound’s second goal of the night off a defensive clearance. He took the shot from distance and put the ball in over the keeper for a beautiful goal. JJ Schmeck had a chance at a second goal in the 75’, but a shot from a penalty kick was saved by Shadow’s keeper Tony Watters. Shadow managed to level the match with a goal from Jared Davis off a cross from Michael Mallow in the 89’ and then found the winning goal after Drew Davis made his second goal of the night in stoppage time. The match would end with Shadow taking away a 3-2 win.

South Sound’s next match day is Sunday, May 22nd at Curtis High School. Both teams with take on Olympic Force. The women will play at 1pm and the men at 4pm.IMG_20160515_223555

Want to help out? We have plenty of things you could help us with! From gameday operations, PA announcing, ball kids and media. Contact John Crouch at or Sara Hines at if you are interested.

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and check out our website for more information and to stay up to date on all the current info.